Search and view correspondence, writings, and photographs in the W. E. B. Du Bois Papers online.
And/ or visit the Special Collections and University Archives department of the W.E.B. Du Bois Library, located on the 25th floor.
Hours: Monday through Friday, 9:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., during the academic year, except major holidays.
During semester breaks, on certain holidays, and in the summer, Special Collections and University Archives (SCUA) is open 10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m
Located on the 22nd floor of the W.E.B. Du Bois Library, the W. E. B. Du Bois Center was established in 2009 to engage the nation and the world in discussion and scholarship about the global issues involving race, labor and social justice.
Hours: Monday through Friday, 9:30 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
Use a citation manager, such as RefWorks to keep track of your research.
Put all your references in RefWorks, create quick and easy bibliographies, build your knowledgebase.
1. Set up your account by clicking on the RefWorks link on the library homepage. From the RefWorks info page, choose "RefWorks Login & New Account Set up." From the login page, choosse "New to RefWorks? - Sign up for an Individual Account." Note: You get to choose your own username and password - make them easy to remember!
2. Get your book citations into RefWorks
Books from UMA WorldCat (a huge combined catalog that includes UMass books)
Books from the Five College Catalog
3. Get your journal article citations into RefWorks
Most databases have a way to export citations into RefWorks directly.
4. Print out your bibliography
1. Click on Bibliography from the menu toolbar.
2. Select Output Style (APA, MLA, etc.) .
3. Select Format a Bibliography from a List of References
4. Select File type to Create (HTML, Word, or text file)
5. Select the Folder from which the citations are to be taken.
6. Click Create Bibliography.
7. Follow the instructions for viewing the file. Remember to save the document before closing.
Be sure to check the list for accuracy!
If you need more help or info on RefWorks, check out the FAQs.
Use your Interlibrary Loan account to:
are available in Special Collections and Archives, 25th floor. Arranged by year, by department or alphabetically by name. These cannot be checked out.