Libraries Information Literacy Modules
- Module Links
- Introduction to Information Literacy
- Introduction to the Research Process
- Starting Your Research
- Types of Research Materials Lite
- Types of Research Materials Advanced
- Peer Review
- Search Strategies Lite
- Search Strategies Advanced
- How to Read Scholarly Materials
- Bias in Research
- Evaluating Information
- Synthesizing Information
- Evaluating & Synthesizing Information
- Fake News
- Anatomy of a Research Paper
- Digital Privacy
- Annotated Bibliography
- Preparing for Presentations
- Citations (APA 6th)
- Citations (APA 7th)
- Citations (MLA 7th)
- Citations (MLA 8th)
- Citations (Turabian)
- Citations (Harvard)
- Citations (Chicago 17th)
- Academic Integrity & Plagiarism
- Visual Literacy
- Using & Evaluating Quantitative Data
- Evidence-based Reasoning
- Introduction to Cultural Issues in Research
- Civic Engagement
Instructions for Using the Modules with Moodle and Blackboard
These modules can be directly embedded into your course on Blackboard or Moodle using the LTI links (orange icons). The PDF instructions below describe how to use these links.
If you are using the modules with a website other than Moodle or Blackboard, please use the direct links (green icon) to link to each module.
Anatomy of a Research Paper
This vdeo provides students with an overview of the basic structure of a research paper.
Estimated time (video): 1:57
Estimated time (quiz): 5-8 minutes
Use this video to help students craft clear and effective written assignments. Students will review the value of sentence variety and the importance of proofreading their work.
Estimated time: 3:54
Paraphrasing, Quoting, and Summarizing
This tutorial provides students with an overview of paraphrasing, quoting, and summarizing depending on the goal of their writing, plus how to accurately represent their sources.
Estimated time: 24-25 minutes
In this video, students will learn that academic writing means contributing new knowledge and perspective to ongoing scholarly conversations.
Estimated time: 4:40.
Writing and Communication
This quiz corresponds with the multimedia on writing and communicating in academic papers.
Estimated time: 5-8 minutes
- Last Updated: Jul 8, 2022 8:25 AM
- URL: https://guides.library.umass.edu/InfoLitModules
- Print Page