Libraries Information Literacy Modules
- Module Links
- Introduction to Information Literacy
- Introduction to the Research Process
- Starting Your Research
- Types of Research Materials Lite
- Types of Research Materials Advanced
- Peer Review
- Search Strategies Lite
- Search Strategies Advanced
- How to Read Scholarly Materials
- Bias in Research
- Evaluating Information
- Synthesizing Information
- Evaluating & Synthesizing Information
- Fake News
- Anatomy of a Research Paper
- Digital Privacy
- Annotated Bibliography
- Preparing for Presentations
- Citations (APA 6th)
- Citations (APA 7th)
- Citations (MLA 7th)
- Citations (MLA 8th)
- Citations (Turabian)
- Citations (Harvard)
- Citations (Chicago 17th)
- Academic Integrity & Plagiarism
- Visual Literacy
- Using & Evaluating Quantitative Data
- Evidence-based Reasoning
- Introduction to Cultural Issues in Research
- Civic Engagement
Instructions for Using the Modules with Moodle and Blackboard
These modules can be directly embedded into your course on Blackboard or Moodle using the LTI links (orange icons). The PDF instructions below describe how to use these links.
If you are using the modules with a website other than Moodle or Blackboard, please use the direct links (green icon) to link to each module.
Use this video to encourage students to think critically about the information they encounter in print and online. Students will become familiar with strategies for evaluating sources based on these criteria: authority, accuracy, currency, relevance, and objectivity.
Estimated time: 3:47
Students will learn how to evaluate a range of resources in order to select the most authoritative sources on their research topic.
Estimated time: 14-15 minutes
This video will help students identify the characteristics and purpose of misinformation as well as its effect on their personal and academic lives.
Estimated time: 12-15 minutes
Evaluating Digital Sources Using Lateral Reading
Students are introduced to lateral reading as a strategy for determining the reliability of a source.
Estimated time: 23 - 24 minutes
- Last Updated: Jul 8, 2022 8:25 AM
- URL: https://guides.library.umass.edu/InfoLitModules
- Print Page