Mass Aggie Seed Library
- How it works
- Saving, Returning, and Donating Seed / Seed Saving How-to Videos
- Seed Frenzy Workshops
- Seed Ambassador Program
- People of the seed library
- Partnerships on and off campus
- Book Gallery
- Equipment for Loan Gallery
- Gratitude Gallery
- Puzzle Gallery
- Seed Quiz Gallery
- Advice for others starting a seed library
- Keeping a Garden Journal
- Pandemic Spring 2021 Mailing Seeds and Traveling Pop Up Seed Library Events
- Pandemic Spring 2020 Mailing Seeds to Patrons
- Seeds in the media
- Donating to the Mass Aggie Seed Library
Other seed related workshops
- Wednesday, February 8, 2023 3:30pm - 5:30pm Drop in hours
Link to register: https://libcal.library.umass.edu/event/10193397
- Wednesday, May 3, 2023 12:00pm - 1:00pm
Link to register: https://libcal.library.umass.edu/event/10276391
Seed Frenzy Workshops
Third Friday Seed Frenzy workshops happen in the Fall when seed is harvested and in need of many hands to help clean, process, and package seeds.
Mass Aggie Third Friday Seed Frenzy Workshops
Let go of the stress, and work with your hands to plant a seed for the future. After being in your head all week, come to the Mass Aggie Seed Library to learn about seed saving, help clean and package seeds, update the seed inventory, or begin some seeds for planting. Open to everyone!
This hands-on workshop will be held the third Friday afternoon of each month and will be limited to six attendees with sign-up required. Each month will be different depending on what needs to be done - cleaning and packaging collected seeds, updating the cabinet inventory, or starting seeds for planting.
Friday 1 - 3 pm in the Science & Engineering Library (SEL) studio classroom space.
- Friday 16 September 2022 - FULL / Processed three different types of tomatoes, Swiss giant snow peas, giant white zinnias, a poppy mix, and pink hollyhocks.
- Friday 21 October 2022 - FULL / Processed Sungold tomatoes, Waltham butternut squash, Arledge hot pepper, Tiger Bush tomato, Tom Thumb shell pea, Glass Gem corn, Celway Salmon celosia, Flaming Feathers celosia, morning glories, cosmos, and Zinnias.
- Friday 11 November 2022 - FULL / Processed Sungold tomato, Ten Commandments gourds, Oregon sugar snap peas, Purple podded beans, Windsor fave beans, Echinacea, Tinkerbell nicotinia, Flaming Feathers celosia, Celway Salmon celosia, Cosmos mix, Morning glory mix, and Zinnias.
To register, email firstname.lastname@example.org
After successful completion of the workshop, attendees will become Mass Aggie Seed Library Ambassadors and have the opportunity to come back, help out as time and schedules permit, and create and execute projects of their own related to seeds and seed saving. Grow, Learn, and Thrive!
- Last Updated: Mar 22, 2023 7:55 AM
- URL: https://guides.library.umass.edu/seedlibrary
- Print Page