Mass Aggie Seed Library
Outreach to Public Libraries
In spring 2021, The Mass Aggie Traveling Pop-Up Seed Library went to at a select number of
local public libraries around Western Massachusetts:
Leverett Public Library - Saturday 10 April 10 am to Noon-ish (4 appointment slots)
10 am Nancy / 10:30 am Rema / 11am Kathy / 11:30 am Carrie
Erving Public Library - Saturday 24 April 10 am to Noon-ish (5 appointment slots)
10 am Barbara / 10:30 am Bobbi / 11am Open / 11:30 am Arlene / Noon Pam
Northfield Public Library - Saturday 1 May 10 am to 2 pm (8 appointment slots)
10 am Cynthia / 10:30 am Reina / 11am Storm / 11:30 am Sarah / Noon Jane / 12:30 pm Kori / 1 pm Dolores/ 1:30 pm Kate
Traveling Pop-Up Seed Library on the UMass Campus
Mass Aggie Traveling Pop-Up Seed Library - Spring 2021 - on the UMass Campus
The traveling pop-up seed library is for gardeners who want to choose the exact variety, want more seeds than I can mail, want things that are difficult to mail (peas, beans, squash), or are eager to begin seed starting early.
At this time, all appointment slots are FULL.
- The traveling pop-up seed library will take place out of my car on the UMass Amherst campus; parking lot 44 D (see below)
- Appointments will be for ONE person at a time, to facilitate 6 ft. social distancing.
- Each appointment will be for 30 minutes to allow for seed viewing and packaging.
- A form will be posted to make an in-person appointment.
- As appointments are filled, I will note the schedule and initials of the person coming on this page; you will receive an email confirmation with details.
- I will explain the process then step aside to give the person time and distance to view and package seeds.
- All materials for single-use takeaway labeling and packaging will be provided.
- In accordance with all current UMass Amherst COVID risk level operational procedures. Face masks and social distancing are required in compliance with UMass Amherst campus policies. https://www.umass.edu/coronavirus/
Dates and times include:
- Thursday 11 March 10 am to Noon / with 4 time slots available
- Monday 15 March Noon to 2:30 pm / with 5 time slots available
- Friday 19 March Noon to 2 pm / with 4 time slots available
- Friday 26 March 10 am to Noon / with 4 time slots available
- Saturday 3 April 10 am to Noon / with 4 time slots available
|Date||Time 1||Time 2||Time 3||Time 4||Time 5|
|Thursday 11 March 10 am to noon (FULL)||10 am
|9:30 am (EXTRA)
|Monday 15 March Noon to 3 pm||Noon
|Friday 19 March noon to 2 pm (FULL)||Noon
|2 pm (EXTRA)
|Friday 26 March 10 am to noon (FULL)||10 am
|Saturday 3 April 9:30 am to noon (FULL)||
As of 7:30 pm Friday 26 March 2021, the form to request seeds by mail is not accepting new requests due to the inability to keep up with the high demand.
I do not foresee the form opening up again this season.
Plans for Spring 2021: This year, the Mass Aggie Seed Library will be providing two options for getting seeds.
Sign Up Forms will be posted on Tuesday, 2 March 2021, at Noon.
Please only sign up for one option at this time to ensure everyone gets the first pass at their preference.
Seed stock will be distributed throughout the entire season for a continuously varied supply.
1) I will be mailing seeds to patrons much like last year, asking for the types of seeds you want on the most basic level. Periodically, the form may be disabled - this means I am overwhelmed and trying to catch up. I ask for your patience as I try to package and mail all these seeds myself. If you are eager to begin seed starting or want items that are difficult to mail (peas, beans, squash, etc.), I suggest you make an appointment with the Traveling Pop Up Seed Library. Do not sign up for both. No longer accepting requests due to the inability to keep up with the high demand.
2) New this year is the option to make an appointment for the Traveling Pop-Up Seed Library that will be parked on the outskirts of the UMass Amherst Campus. This option is best if you want to choose the exact variety, want more seeds than I can mail, want things that are difficult to mail (peas, beans, squash, etc.), or are eager to begin seed starting early. You choose from one of the dates, and I will select a time slot within the hours of operation. You will get an email confirming your appointment. Of course, this is all in accordance with the UMass Amherst Covid regulations. Details in the box below and on the sign-up form. At this time, all appointment slots are FULL.
We cannot guarantee what seed varieties we will get, so if there is something special you are looking to grow, we would suggest purchasing that variety from your favorite seed company if you are able.
- Last Updated: Jan 25, 2023 10:53 AM
- URL: https://guides.library.umass.edu/seedlibrary
- Print Page