Women, Gender, Sexuality Studies
General guide for library research in Women, Gender, Sexuality Studies
Use the Refworks Write-N-Cite plug-in to write your paper, insert references, and create a bibliography at the end of the paper.
Academic Honesty & Plagiarism
"Academic dishonesty is prohibited in all programs of the University. Academic dishonesty includes but is not limited to: cheating, fabrication, plagiarism, and facilitating dishonesty." University of Massachusetts Amherst Academic Honesty Policy and Appeal Procedure
Here are some links for more information about avoiding academic dishonesty:
- UMass Amherst Writing ProgramInformation about avoiding plagiarism from the UMass Amherst Writing Program Website.
- Academic Honesty PolicyGives specific examples of academic dishonesty and links to an overview of the policy, the full policy and helpful resources if accused of academic dishonesty.
- Avoiding PlagiarismFrom the Purdue University Online Writing Lab (OWL)
Not only do you need to cite your sources, but you need to format them according to a particular style. Your professor will often ask you to use a certain style in your paper. Here is information about the styles commonly used in the humanities and social sciences:
- APA Citation Style Guidefrom Purdue University
UM Reference Desk / BF76.7 .P83 2010
- Chicago Manual of Style This link opens in a new windowThe widely-used citation and style guide for scholarly writing.Available on campus to all, or off-campus to UMass Amherst students, staff and faculty with an UMass Amherst IT NetID (user name) and password.
- MLA Handbook for Writers of Research Papers7th ed.
In print: UM Reference / LB2369 .G53 2009
- Purdue OWL Online Writing LabWriting and Citing resources from Purdue University Writing Lab
- Last Updated: Oct 31, 2022 2:52 PM
- URL: https://guides.library.umass.edu/wgss
- Print Page
Subjects: Women, Gender, Sexuality Studies