Women, Gender, Sexuality Studies
WGSS Reads the News - A Library Research Guide
Questions for students: When it comes to topics in Women, Gender, Sexuality, how can we teach others to tell real from fake and strain the “spin” from the facts? What are the historical contexts and what critical thinking skills would you introduce? What are the key ideas, articles and analyses that you would introduce? What is vital context for understanding the topic?
Organize your research
Use a citation manager, such as Zotero to keep track of your research.
Put all your references in one place, create quick and easy bibliographies, build your knowledgebase for the rest of your career. For help, check out the online guides and webinars or Ask a Librarian.
Some tips on using Chicago notation style with Zotero.
To find books at UMass, you have two options.
1. Start with the Discovery Search, the general search box on the library home page, www.library.umass.edu.
This search gives you access to books and articles and more.
2. Or, use the Five Colleges Library Catalog.
This catalog lets you search in some very specific ways, for example, by Library of Congress Subject Heading. Be as specific as possible in your searching. Start with a subject search (use keyword if subject yields no results). Search by author, title, subject, keyword, call number, journal title, etc. For materials on a specific subject, enter your term(s) into the Subject or Keyword search boxes.
To find books outside the Five Colleges, try
1. WorldCat - The combined catalogs of most U.S. libraries. Material not owned by UMass Amherst can usually be borrowed through Interlibrary Loan. Click WorldCat to access the catalog, or the image below.
2. Commonwealth Catalog - Discover and request (with a UMass Amherst Libraries barcode) popular books, audio books, movies and more from a wide array of Massachusetts public and smaller academic libraries. Click Commonwealth Catalog to access the catalog, or the image below.
- Last Updated: Oct 31, 2022 2:52 PM
- URL: https://guides.library.umass.edu/wgss
- Print Page