A guide to selected genealogical resources at the W.E.B. Du Bois Library.
- CemeteriesToggle Dropdown
- Church RecordsToggle Dropdown
- City Directories
- Land RecordsToggle Dropdown
- Marriage RecordsToggle Dropdown
- Massachusetts Archives
- Mayflower Records
- US NewspapersToggle Dropdown
- Probate RecordsToggle Dropdown
- Tax RecordsToggle Dropdown
- Vital RecordsToggle Dropdown
The W.E.B. Du Bois Library houses an extensive collection of early city directories. Genealogical researchers use city directories to obtain information about individuals in specific places at particular points in time. City directories include names, addresses, and occupations. They may also reveal age, marital status, home ownership, and race. In addition, these resources frequently list information regarding churches, cemeteries, schools, local businesses, railways, newspapers, social organizations, town services, and city officials.
Also of Interest
- Street directory of the principal cities of the United States : embracing letter-carrier offices established to April 30, 1908 by Rev. in the Division of Dead Letters, under the direction of P. V. De Graw, fourth Assistant Postmaster-GeneralPublication Date: 1908Contains the names of streets, avenues, lanes, roads, etc., of mail deliveries in 1908. Streets appear alphabetically and following each is a list of the cities with that street.
- Last Updated: Oct 11, 2021 4:21 PM
- URL: https://guides.library.umass.edu/genealogy
- Print Page