French/Italian 572 - Basic Methods of Teaching Foreign Languages
Books in the Five College Libraries
This tool lets you search all of the physical materials and most (but not all!) of the digital materials in the UMass Amherst libraries and the other Five College libraries. This includes:
|journals||ejournals and full-text articles|
|films on DVD, VHS, Blu-ray, etc.||streaming films|
|audio on CD and other formats||streaming audio|
|physical special collections materials||digitized special collections materials|
Limit a search to books
After you run a Discovery search, you can limit by format on the left hand side of the results page.
Selecting "Books" will show you print books and ebooks. "eBooks" will only show you ebooks.
Access a print book
If a book is located in the Du Bois Library with "Available" status, you can use its call number to locate it in the stacks (instructions).
If a print book is located at another Five College library:
- Click the title of the book in the result to go to its catalog record.
- Find the "Place Request" button on the left of the page.
You can also use the "Place Request" feature to have a book in the Du Bois Library pulled and sent to the lower level to be held for convenient pick-up.
Access an ebook
Look for the "UMass: Link to Resource" button associated with the ebook.
If an ebook is located at another Five College library, you can't access it directly; however, you can:
- Request the book or a specific chapter through Interlibrary Loan.
- Visit the campus of the library that has the ebook in-person and connect to their wifi with your Eduroam credentials.
- Go to the catalog record for the ebook.
- When you view or download the book, choose the link for the campus you are on.
Additional book collections
- Last Updated: Jun 2, 2023 2:42 PM
- URL: https://guides.library.umass.edu/c.php?g=1301111
- Print Page