French/Italian 572 - Basic Methods of Teaching Foreign Languages
- Get Started
- Background Information
- BooksToggle Dropdown
- Article Databases
- Citing Sources
- Language Learning Tools
- Open Educational Resources (OER)
Let's get started!
This guide will help you research Second Language Acquisition (SLA) theory, which is a component of the multi-part assessment for this course.
Email Cai at firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule a one-on-one consultation at a time convenient for you. These consultations take place virtually via Zoom or in-person on the lower level of the Du Bois Library.
Cai is also available to answer questions by email or phone and typically responds within 24 hours during the school week.
For speedy assistance, check out this page that allows you request library help via email, chat, and text 9-5pm Monday through Friday in the 2023 spring semester.
- Discovery Search This link opens in a new windowDiscovery takes your keyword search and retrieves books, articles, videos, special collection materials, and journals.The greatest strength of Discovery is that it pulls resources from many smaller, individual library databases.The downside is that the sheer number of results from many different disciplines and fields can be overwhelming.Free to use for anyone to find records. Some results, and detailed information such as PDFs and full text links, are available on campus to all, or off-campus to UMass Amherst students, staff and faculty with an UMass Amherst IT NetID (user name) and password.
Keyword searching tips
- synonyms and related words
- more specific and less specific terms
- related people, places, or concepts
- terms that appear in subject headings and in abstracts
- terms that appear in journal titles
AND, OR and NOT can be used to express relationships between keywords
- AND narrows your search because each result must contain all search terms.
- OR expands your search each result must contain at least one search term
- NOT limits your search by excluding terms
bilingual = 228,359 results
"second language acquisition" = 69,291 results
Enclosing a multi-word concept in parentheses (" ") allows you to search for multi-word concepts.
- Last Updated: Jun 2, 2023 2:42 PM
- URL: https://guides.library.umass.edu/c.php?g=1301111
- Print Page