French/Italian 572 - Basic Methods of Teaching Foreign Languages
Open educational resources (OER)
Educators are increasingly making high quality language learning materials available as open educational resources, which are free to anyone with an internet connection. These include full courses, textbooks, assessment instruments, exercises, etc..
The following resources can be used to find foreign language OER. Check out the Open Educational Resources libguide for more.
- Center for Open Educational Resources and Language Learning (COERLL)A federally funded collection of OER based at the University of Texas that offers primarily foreign language educational resources.
- Mason OER Metafinder (MOM)A single search engine of dozens of open access and open educational databases all in one. A Google for OER!
- OER Commons Open Textbooks HubA curated collection of open textbooks, full courses, assignments and other materials. It includes resources for French and Italian language instruction.
Language OER Conference
This annual conference provides a venue to showcase large-scale language OER and to exchange information on topics related to OER production and adoption. The annual event is sponsored by the University of Kansas Open Language Resource Center and the University of Texas at Austin Center for Open Educational Resources and Language Learning.
The conference is free to all and takes place via Zoom. In 2023 it will take place on Saturday, March 11th.
- Last Updated: Jun 2, 2023 2:42 PM
- URL: https://guides.library.umass.edu/c.php?g=1301111
- Print Page