Readings & Media on Justice, Equity, Diversity, & Inclusion
Climate change is a racial justice issue
- Climate change interacts with and worsens existing inequalities in society that are often shaped by racism.
- Climate action requires an intersectional approach that takes into account the most impacted communities.
- Scientists, environmentalists, and racial justice advocates agree that the best way to overcome the climate crisis is by empowering and listening to Indigenous communities.
A Brief History of Environmental Justice
- Last Updated: Feb 11, 2024 1:15 PM
- URL: https://guides.library.umass.edu/DEI-readings
- Print Page
LibGuides are created independently by library staff and are neither reviewed nor endorsed by library administration or the university. UMass Amherst is one of 5,800 institutions using LibGuides, and the LibGuides at UMass Amherst are among more than 900,000 LibGuides worldwide.