Law and Legal Studies
- Understanding the legal system
- Legal research
- Legal databases
- Encyclopedias and dictionaries
- Law journals
- Statutes and billsToggle Dropdown
- RegulationsToggle Dropdown
- Executive orders
- Cases and decisionsToggle Dropdown
- Citing legal sources
- Law by subjectToggle Dropdown
- Native American and Tribal law
- Foreign and comparative law
- International law
- Current awareness
- Historical law
- Other resources
- Policy research
- Course guides This link opens in a new window
- Contact us!
Welcome to UMass Amherst Libraries Law and Legal Studies Research Guide.
This guide is intended to assist you in understanding the legal system, and in finding resources relevant to your research. It includes information and links for primary sources (constitutions, legislation, and regulations; court and tribunal decisions), secondary sources (encyclopedias and dictionaries; law review and journal articles; treatises, monographs, and dissertations; web sites and blogs) and tertiary sources (databases and bibliographies) in the law.
Additional assistance is available from your Law and Public Policy Librarian (Lisa Di Valentino, firstname.lastname@example.org) or at the reference desk.
HEADLINES : Jurist: Legal News and Research
HEADLINES : SCOTUSblog
- Last Updated: Mar 31, 2023 4:13 PM
- URL: https://guides.library.umass.edu/legal
- Print Page