Scientific Publications: Retracted Publications and Related Topics
Locating retracted publications in databases
Similar methods may be used to locate retractions in databases, although no single method is obvious. Searching various databases for title entries including 'retracted article' or 'retracted publication' or 'retraction of publication' produces results that include articles that have been retracted, and occasionally include other uses of the search terms as well. Web of Science retractions are grouped under 'Corrections'. A number of included journal databases administered by the same vendor (EBSCO) do not use the same procedures to identify retracted publications. PubMed has filters for publication type [pt] that can be used retrieve Retracted Publications and Retractions of publications.
- AGRICOLA This link opens in a new windowSearch 'Retracted Article'Available on campus to all, or off-campus to UMass Amherst students, staff and faculty with an UMass Amherst IT NetID (user name) and password.
- AIP PublishingAIP's retraction and correction policies
- BIOSIS Citation Index This link opens in a new windowSearch title field for 'Retracted Article' or 'Article retracted'Available on campus to all, or off-campus to UMass Amherst students, staff and faculty with an UMass Amherst IT NetID (user name) and password.
- CAB Abstracts EbscoSearch for 'Retracted Article'
- CINAHL Ebsco'This article has been retracted' is in the title for a few results. Variations of 'retractions' and 'retracted' produce less results
- Engineering VillageSearch term 'Retracted Article'
- Environment Index EbscoSearch term 'Retracted Article' or 'Retracted'
- WorldCat"The combined catalogs of most U.S. libraries." Searching WorldCat does retrieve some retractions as 'Retraction' and 'Retraction of article' although these are intermingled with many other titles.
- GeoRef Ebscovery few results
- Google ScholarSearching Google Scholar: "Retracted Article' produces many results; 'Retraction of Publication' retrieves few results
- Greenfile EbscoSearching 'Retracted Article' in default or Title index
- IEEE ExploreThe search term 'retracted articles' retrieves few results
- MathSci NetSearch title field for 'Retraction Notice'
- PLoS ONE - retracted article: an examplePLOS ONE is a Peer-Reviewed, Open Access Journal:A β-Lactamase Based Reporter System for ESX Dependent Protein Translocation in Mycobacteria
- PubMedRetracted Publication and Retraction of Publication may be chosen as filters
- SpringerLinkSearch 'Retracted Article'
- STMPRESERVATION OF THE OBJECTIVE RECORD OF SCIENCE
An STM Guideline
- Web of ScienceSearch 'Retraction of ... ' in article title; refining by Document Type 'Correction' ( which includes 'retractions') produces the same result or 'Retracted article see vol. ...'
- Zoological RecordSearching Title field with 'Retraction' produces retracted publications and several other uses of 'retraction'
PubMed: Using Medical Subject Headings Definitions and Publication Types to identify Retractions
- PubMed MeSHRetracted publication or Retraction of Publication? definitions from PubMed: Medical Subject Headings
- PubMed: Publication Characteristics (Publication Types)Listing of PubMed Publication Characteristics (Publication Types)
- PubMed: Searching by Publication TypeLimiting PubMed results by Publication Type: retracted publication[pt] produces listing of retracted publications (choose MORE from Article Types in left-hand column)
- Last Updated: Feb 7, 2022 1:58 PM
- URL: https://guides.library.umass.edu/scipub
- Print Page
Tags: bibliometrics, ethics, open access, publication, retraction, website