NRC 571 - Fisheries Science & Management
Course guide for Fall 2010
Books @ UMass
A small sample of recent E-books
Strategies and Resources
To find books at UMass only, use the Five Colleges Library Catalog and select the UMass link (top right). To cast a wider net, search all Five Colleges at once.
- Use keywords to find good subject headings
- Start specific in your search terms - then use broader terms
- Try broad categories, browsing the sub-topics
- Try the Advanced Search and limit by date, language, format or with additional words
To get a book from one of the other Four Colleges, click REQUEST at the top (left) of the catalog record for the book and use your library barcode number to have it brought to campus for you. You will receive an e-mail in 1-3 days to pick up the book at the UMass Library.
TIP - Use UMass Amherst WorldCat for the widest search - it finds books whether the UMass Libraries have them or not. If the book is not available in the Five College Library System, request a copy through InterLibrary Loan, a free service.
- Last Updated: Aug 10, 2022 3:11 PM
- URL: https://guides.library.umass.edu/NRC571
- Print Page