Citation Managers at UMass
- Citation Managers at UMass
- Citation Management Tools Comparison Chart
How to Get Help
Need help? Use the menu above to go to the page for the citation manager of interest, where you will find contact information for our librarians who know that tool.
Citation Management Tools
What can I do with a citation management tool?
Create bibliographies and references automatically
Check for and remove duplicate citations
Add annotations, subjects, and descriptions to your citations
Re-use your research over time
Embed footnotes, end notes, and in-text citations in a document
What can't it do?
Correct errors present in the original database records
Create a perfect bibliography or Works Cited list, you must still check them for accuracy
Create legal citation formats
Can not import citations from a text file, Word File, or sheet of paper automatically
Determine the best citation management tool to use.
Organize citations and documents with Zotero and Mendeley
Citation Style Resources
While this guide is all about citation management tools, you may feel the need to brush up on your knowledge of citation formatting and other rules for a specific style. Below are some Library Information Literacy Modules on citation styles. These contain video tutorials, short quizzes, and more materials to help with the topic. Lastly, links to the citation style guides available through the Libraries.
- Citations (APA 6th) (40-49 minutes)Four modules review APA 6th Citation Style, including discussion of why citations are important.
- Citations (APA 7th) (47-58 minutes)Four modules review APA 7th Citation Style, including discussion of why citations are important.
- Citations (MLA 7th) (17-18 minutes)Two modules provide an overview of MLA 7th Citation Style; includes discussion of why citations are important.
- Citations (MLA 8th) (46-55 minutes)Four modules introduce MLA 8th Citation Style, including discussion of why citations are important.
- Citations (Turabian) (23-27 minutes)Three modules introduce the Turabian Citation Style, including discussion of why citations are important.
- Citations (Harvard) (17-18 minutes)These modules introduces students to the Harvard Citation Style, including discussion of why citations matter.
- Citations (Chicago 17th) (34-40 minutes)Five modules introduce students to the Chicago 17th Citation Style, including discussion of why citations are important.
- Publication Manual of the American Psychological Association, 7th by American Psychological AssociationCall Number: BF76.7 .P83 2020ISBN: 9781433832161The Publication Manual of the American Psychological Association, Seventh Edition is the official source for APA Style.
- MLA Handbook, 8th by The Modern Language Association of AmericaCall Number: LB2369 .G53 2016ISBN: 9781603292627The Modern Language Association, the authority on research and writing, takes a fresh look at documenting sources in the eighth edition of the MLA Handbook, the official guide to MLA format.
- Chicago Manual of Style This link opens in a new windowThe widely-used citation and style guide for scholarly writing.Available on campus to all, or off-campus to UMass Amherst students, staff and faculty with an UMass Amherst IT NetID (user name) and password.
- Last Updated: May 17, 2023 9:38 AM
- URL: https://guides.library.umass.edu/CitationManagers
- Print Page