This is a guide for students or researchers preparing to visit Japan.
The maps now provide an amazing amount of detail. You can actually get down to street scenes in the big cities. This is really helpful for getting an idea of where you are going. If you have a cell phone, you can also check locations when you are on the move.
You can also have the map point out features (coffe shops and even places that are hiring) near the address you give it.
- Google Maps JapaneseSearch using kanji. Street view also available.
Making Travel Plans
- Jordan ジョルダンPlan out your travel by entering your starting and ending points. Look up station information, hotels and restaurants.
Use these sites to figure out travel routes, schedules, and costs.One thing to remember is that for Jorudan, you need to add -eki to your city names. For example: Hiroshimaeki 広島駅
There is a train station at both Narita 成田空港 and Kansai International Airport 関西空港.
- NavitimeIn addition to busses, trains and planes, Navitime gives car route information, taxi fares, and walking info.
- Yahoo Japan! TransitEasy to use. Allows you to send results to your phone/email.
- Information on highway bussesHere is the link to the Japan Guide section on highway buses. This is a cheap alternative to the train, particularly the overnight bus.
- Last Updated: Aug 2, 2021 3:37 PM
- URL: https://guides.library.umass.edu/jpntrvl
- Print Page