RES-ECON 452 Industrial Organization
Library Databases for Industry Research
- From the IBISWorld homepage, you are able to search for reports by industry, keyword, company name, or industry code. You can also browse for reports using the Industry Research drop-down menu at the top of the page.
- Type "water" into the search bar. Suggested reports appear as you type. Click "Search", and you will be brought to a list of relevant reports. Once you've found the report you're looking for, i.e., Bottled Water Production in the US, click on the title to open it.
- You can navigate through the report using the table of contents on the left of the screen or search within the report using the search box in the upper left corner.
- Click on the "About" tab for an industry definition, supply chain, major players, similar industries, and more.
- Click on the "Industry at a Glance" tab to find key statistics, SWOT analysis, industry structure, key industry data, and more.
- Click on the "Competitive Landscape" tab for market concentration, key success factors, cost structure, and more.
- Click on the "Key Statistics" tab to see valuable data related to market growth, trends, etc.
- To download a report, click on the red arrow at the top of the page, near the report title. The red arrow also appears throughout the report for downloading of specific datasets.
Library Databases for Market Research
Journals & Articles
Steps to access Wall Street Journal articles in ABI/Inform Complete database:
- Click on the link for the database ABI/Inform Complete. You must access this database via the library's subscription, otherwise you might encounter paywalls or blocked access. You can use the link in this guide, connect via other LibGuides, or from the Library's homepage: click on the Find & Borrow tab, then click Databases A-Z.
- You may be prompted to enter your UMass NetID and password.
- Click the in the top left corner of the page and choose Publications.
- Type Wall Street Journal in the search box and click Search.
- Choose the first title in the results, Wall Street Journal, Eastern edition; New York, N.Y.
The coverage of this publication is for full-text articles from 1984 to present (including today's paper). When you click on the title, you are brought to a list of the current issue's contents. You can search within the publication using the search box and keywords of your choice to filter results.
- Last Updated: Jan 27, 2023 4:16 PM
- URL: https://guides.library.umass.edu/resec452
- Print Page