PUBHLTH 375 Case Studies in U.S. Health Policy
resources for Issue Brief assignment (course formerly PubHlth 390P)
Trusted websites can provide valuable information about an issue, some that may not be found in academic journal articles.
- Kaiser Family FoundationDiverse information on health policy and national health news including interactive graphs, infographics, and charts.
- Kaiser Health NewsUpdated daily, Kaiser Health News provides both emerging health policy topics and links to additional information
- HealthLandscapeInteractive website where you can map county-level demographic and health data.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)CDC is a good source for updated facts and figures on a whole host of different health topics.
Good resource to get the numbers and impact figures you may need to make the case for your issue.
- The Commonwealth FundInformation on health policy, healthcare delivery system, data, and research focusing on vulnerable populations.
- National Conference of State Legislators (NCSL)Good research on what legislation is currently being deliberated and past legislative activity.
- Academy HealthHealth policy research and policy information.
- Office of The Assistant Secretary for Planning and Evaluation (ASPE)Information on policy research, evaluation, legislation, and more with reports, data, and graphics available at the site. An office of the U.S. Dept. of Health & Human Services.
- Robert Wood Johnson Foundation (RWJF)Find updated news, reports, and data on pertinent health policy and health system topics.
- American Health Care AssociationProvides information on the health care delivery system including legislation, research and data, and publications.
- Agency for Healthcare Research & Quality (AHRQ)Research, reports, data, statistics, and policy information relating to relevant healthcare topics. An agency of the U.S. Dept. of Health & Human Services.
- National Academy for State Health Policy (NASHP)Provides publications, reports, data, and statistics on state health policy topics.
- State Health Access Data Assistance Center (SHADAC)Current publications including issue briefs and reports on emerging health policy topics.
- State Health CompareCurrent information on state health insurance coverage, access, and cost, analyzed by SHADAC.
- American Community SurveyData, statistics, interactive graphs/charts, publications, and reports on the US population. From the US Census Bureau.
- Explore Census Data (formerly American Fact Finder)Gather the most up-to-date demographic information on the US population including insurance coverage, access, education, age, and more. You can refine by state, county, and zip-code to get particular information.
- Health AffairsPeer-reviewed publication with reports, data, and information for healthcare related issues.
- National Governor's AssociationCompilation of legislative activity in the States. Link goes to the Health & Human Services Committee page.
- Massachusetts Executive Office of Health and Human ServicesYou can do a Google search to find websites for other states.
- Massachusetts Department of Public HealthYou can do a Google search to find websites for Public Health Departments in other states.
- Last Updated: Feb 20, 2023 1:59 PM
- URL: https://guides.library.umass.edu/ph390p
- Print Page
Subjects: Public Health
Tags: ph375, ph390, ph390p, pubhlth_390p, pubhlth375, pubhlth390p