Geography 372 Urban Issues
These links were provided by Piper Gaubatz to supplement your research.
- Asian Development Bank Urban DevelopmentIncludes numerous case studies. The Asian Development Bank (ADB) envisions a prosperous, inclusive, resilient, and sustainable Asia and the Pacific, while sustaining its efforts to eradicate extreme poverty in the region.
- C40 CitiesEspecially for resources on non-US cities. C40 is a network of the world’s megacities committed to addressing climate change. C40 supports cities to collaborate effectively, share knowledge and drive meaningful, measurable and sustainable action on climate change.
- Energy Justice NetworkCollection of good background information on Environmental Justice and Environmental Racism
- Georgetown Center for Global Health Science and SecurityThe Center for Global Health Science and Security at Georgetown University conducts original research to help decision-makers worldwide build sustainable capacities to prevent, detect, and respond to public health emergencies.
- MongabayMongabay is a reader-supported conservation and environmental science news service.
- Natural Resources Defence CouncilThe Natural Resources Defense Council works to safeguard the earth - its people, its plants and animals, and the natural systems on which all life depends.
- The New School - Global Pandemic essays and articlesInterdisciplinary and global dialogue on the historical, social, and political dimensions of the pandemic. Provides diverse perspectives from different corners of the world, and especially the Global South, bringing to the forefront variable and contested understandings of disease, science, and society.
Use the OECD ILibrary to search for The Metropolitan Century
- OECD iLibrary This link opens in a new windowPublications of the Organization of Economic Cooperation and Development (OECD). Books, reports and data for every OECD country. Coverage from 1998 to present, with data sets back to the 1960s.Available on campus to all, or off-campus to UMass Amherst students, staff and faculty with an UMass Amherst IT NetID (user name) and password.
- World Urban Forum (UN Habitat)hint: use the search bar or explore "topics" from the top menu
- Last Updated: Aug 22, 2022 10:03 AM
- URL: https://guides.library.umass.edu/geography372
- Print Page