COMM 319 Health Communication
Recommended Databases for Health Research Articles
Specific Journals to Browse for Scientific Articles about Health
Finding Full Text & Interlibrary Loan
When you find an article you want, you can click on the UMass search button to get the full text.
The UMass search button connects to a tool that will find the full text online if it is available in any of the databases UMass has access to.
- It will also search the library catalog to see if the library has it in print.
If an article or book is unavailable at UMass Amherst, you can get it using our Interlibrary Loan service. There will be a link to Request this resource through Interlibrary Loan on the window that opens after you click the UMass search button.
- Here's a screenshot as an example of you might see after clicking the UMass search button.
More about Interlibrary Loan
To log into Interlibrary Loan use your UMass NetID and password (same as what you use for SPIRE and Moodle or Blackboard).
The first time you use Interlibrary Loan, you will be prompted to fill out a profile form, so we know who you are and how to contact you when your item arrives.
- NOTE: In the Delivery Preferences section of the profile form, you must choose a Loan Delivery Method and a Pickup Location. All article requests are delivered electronically, so these options do not apply to articles.
After completing the profile, you should then see a pre-populated article request form. Make sure all the required fields are completed (sometimes they don't all transfer to the form), then submit it and usually in 1-2 business days you'll get an email that your article has arrived! The email will include a link into the Interlibrary Loan system, where your article PDF will be available to print or download.
- Last Updated: Sep 20, 2023 12:03 PM
- URL: https://guides.library.umass.edu/comm319
- Print Page