ONLINE REFERENCE SOURCES
- Classical and Medieval Literature Criticism This link opens in a new windowExcerpts of both early and modern commentary on the major Greek and Roman writers. Part of Literature Criticism Online.Available on campus to all, or off-campus to UMass Amherst students, staff and faculty with an UMass Amherst IT NetID (user name) and password.
- Library of Latin TextsDigital version of the majority of extant Latin texts, searchable by author, word(s) in text, period, and more. Before 200 B.C.E.–1965.
- Oxford Encyclopedia of Ancient Greece and RomeThis multivolume reference work is a comprehensive overview of the major cultures of the classical Mediterranean world--Greek, Hellenistic, and Roman--from the Bronze Age to the fifth century CE. It also covers the legacy of the classical world and its interpretation and influence in subsequent centuries
SELECTED INTERNET RESOURCES
- Greek Mythology Link"Primarily concerned with the creative, artistic, literary and inspiring aspects of the Greek myths," this source provides articles on characters, places, and topics in Greek mythology, along with a gallery of images for most of its subjects.
- Paleothea: Women in Greek MythsA comprehensive website of goddesses, nymphs, mortals, and monstresses found in Greek mythology.
- Classical Myth: The Ancient SourcesDraws together the ancient texts and images available on the Web concerning the major figures of Greek and Roman mythology.
- The Internet Classics ArchiveOver 400 texts by nearly 60 authors. Mainly Greco-Roman works (some Chinese and Persian), all in English translation.
- The Perseus Digital Library ProjectEnglish and Greek/Latin translations of various texts.
- The Theoi Project : Greek MythologyComprehensive free guide to Greek mythology.
- Greek MythologyInformation on all subjects of Greek Mythology, including details on Greek Gods like Zeus, Poseidon and Apollo, Greek Goddesses like Aphrodite, Hera and Athena and Titans like Atlas.
- Last Updated: Sep 24, 2021 10:36 AM
- URL: https://guides.library.umass.edu/mythology
- Print Page
Subjects: Anthropology, English