Use the Refworks Write-N-Cite plug-in to write your paper, insert references, and create a bibliography at the end of the paper.
Academic Honesty & Plagiarism
"Academic dishonesty is prohibited in all programs of the University. Academic dishonesty includes but is not limited to: cheating, fabrication, plagiarism, and facilitating dishonesty." University of Massachusetts Amherst Academic Honesty Policy and Appeal Procedure
Here are some links for more information about avoiding academic dishonesty:
- UMass Amherst Writing ProgramInformation about avoiding plagiarism from the UMass Amherst Writing Program Website.
- UMass Ombuds Office and Academic Honesty OfficeGives specific examples of academic dishonesty and links to an overview of the policy, the full policy and helpful resources if accused of academic dishonesty.
- Avoiding PlagiarismFrom the Purdue University Online Writing Lab (OWL)
Not only do you need to cite your sources, but you need to format them according to a particular style. Your professor will often ask you to use a certain style in your paper. Here is information about the styles commonly used in the humanities and social sciences:
- APA Citation Style Guidefrom Purdue University
UM Reference Desk / BF76.7 .P83 2010
- Chicago Manual of Style This link opens in a new windowThe widely-used citation and style guide for scholarly writing.Available on campus to all, or off-campus to UMass Amherst students, staff and faculty with an UMass Amherst IT NetID (user name) and password.
- MLA Handbook for Writers of Research Papers7th ed.
In print: UM Reference / LB2369 .G53 2009
- Purdue OWL Online Writing LabWriting and Citing resources from Purdue University Writing Lab
- Last Updated: Aug 10, 2022 3:11 PM
- URL: https://guides.library.umass.edu/popstudies
- Print Page
Subjects: Population Studies