British & Irish History
ONLINE LIBRARY CATALOGS
- Discovery Search This link opens in a new windowFind articles across a large number of library resources with just one search! Begin your generalized research here.Free to use for anyone to find records. Some results, and detailed information such as PDFs and full text links, are available on campus to all, or off-campus to UMass Amherst students, staff and faculty with an UMass Amherst IT NetID (user name) and password.
- WorldCat This link opens in a new windowThe combined catalogs of most U.S. libraries.Content is freely available for use by all.
- UMass Interlibrary LoanObtain a loan of books from libraries outside of the Five Colleges or request copies of articles and materials from any library.
- Boston Public LibraryFOR MORE HISTORICAL DATABASES - GET A FREE eCARD FROM THE BOSTON PUBLIC LIBRARY
The Boston Public Library (BPL) and the Massachusetts Board of Library Commissioners (MBLC) offer all Massachusetts residents remote access to proprietary databases. This includes historical newspapers, government information, and geneaology sources.
Revised Fall 2012 by Stephanie Spackey.
Revised Spring 2015 by Jill Westover.
Welcome to the British & Irish History Guide! This guide will provide links to the most relevant and helpful resources in British and Irish history. It will include resources provided by UMass, both print and electronic, government sites, and other freely available resources on the internet that have been determined as reliable and reputable for scholarly use. If you have any questions or would require additional research help, feel free to ask a librarian or visit the reference department located in the Information Commons at Dubois Library or click here for help on how to find items in the library.
- Last Updated: Sep 6, 2022 4:07 PM
- URL: https://guides.library.umass.edu/brithist
- Print Page
Subjects: British & Irish History