Last Updated: Apr 20, 2015
- Academic Search Premier
Scholarly, multidiscipline database containing indexing, abstracts, and some full text material for more than 8,500 journals.
- Historical Abstracts
Scholarly database covering the history of the world (excluding the United States and Canada), from the fifteenth century to the present.
Core scholarly journals from a range of disciplines, dating from the earliest issue of each journal to a few years before present.
- Europa World Year Book
A very useful encyclopedia and directory of the world's countries. Substantive coverage of government, demographics, history, and much more. Current.
- Perdita Manuscripts
Reproductions of 250 early British women's manuscripts: accounts, diaries, prose, cookery books, and more.
- Project Muse
Scholarly journals and books in the humanities and social sciences published by university presses; searchable by journal issue, author, and keyword, 1996-present.
Revised Fall 2012 by Stephanie Spackey
- CIA World Factbook, United Kingdom
Reference resource produced by the Central Intelligence Agency of the United States, providing information on history, people, government, economy, geography, communications, transportation, military, and more.
- CIA World Factbook, Republic of Ireland
- CIA World Factbook, Isle of Man (British Crown Dependency)
This entry covers the Isle of Man, which is one of the more than fifteen United Kingdom Crown Dependencies and Areas of Special Sovereignty.
- Dictionary of British History
- Early English Books Online
- Eighteenth Century Collections Online
Every significant book or pamphlet printed in the UK, and English-language titles printed in America, between 1701 and 1800.
- Encyclopedia of Irish History and Culture
- Kings and Queens of Britain
- Nineteenth Century Collections Online
A growing collection of primary sources and literature.
- Oxford Companion to Black British History
- Oxford Companion to British History
- Oxford Companion to Irish History
- Oxford Companion to Scottish History
- Oxford Dictionary of National Biography
United Kingdom's national biographical dictionary, containing 50,000 biographies from earliest times to the present.
Research and Liaison Services
W.E.B. Du Bois Library
(413) 577-1536 (fax)Send Email
, Film Studies
, German and Scandinavian Studies
, Library Science
, Medieval Studies
, Religious Studies
, Slavic & East European Studies