W.EB. Du Bois Library 720 Experimental Classroom
Using our Computers
- Please do not share your IT Account information.
- Please do not share your UMass Amherst IT Account NetID (user name) or password with anyone. You will be held responsible if you share your personal information and someone else uses your account.
- Note that using someone else’s identity is a violation of the Code of Student Conduct (Section II.A.2): Prohibition Against Misrepresentation of Yourself as Another Person.
External peripherals may be used but are not supported
Computer classroom clients may use USB or external hard drive storage devices, but should be aware that they are not supported by our department. Most of these devices should work without any problems, but we cannot offer additional support if your devices are not compatible with our systems. We are not responsible for any lost data.
Save your work often
Saving your work frequently or working in a cloud based storage environment will guarantee that you will not lose data in case of unexpected events such as software malfunction, computer crashes, or power outages. UMass Amherst IT provides cloud based storage such as Google Apps and BOX.
Please do not eat in the classrooms
No one is exempt from this. If you bring in food, you will be asked to leave. Beverages are only allowed in closed containers. A shared space is difficult to maintain. Stained floors, sticky mice, and non-functioning keyboards are all the victims of food in the classrooms.
About our Assistants
- Assistants keep the classrooms running.
- Our assistants are trained to maintain and monitor our computer classrooms. As such, they can point you to hardware/software solutions and perform basic tasks such as filling the printer's paper and toner.
- Please plan your stay in the classroom so that you are ready to leave by the time it is scheduled to close. Assistants also have commitments outside of their jobs. Please respect their need to leave on time.
If you think you may have lost or forgotten something in 720, please return to the classroom to see if our student assistant has found it. If more than a few hours have passed, contact Computer Classrooms group at 413-545-1611 and ask them for further assistance. Items found in the IT supported areas at W.E.B. Du Bois Library are stored for 30 days in the Library Information Desk located at the entrance level.
Please clean up the work space before you leave
Pick up pieces of paper on the desk, push in your chair, and make it ready for the next user before you leave your computer.
- Last Updated: Oct 5, 2018 11:46 AM
- URL: https://guides.library.umass.edu/c.php?g=873196
- Print Page
LibGuides are created independently by library staff and are neither reviewed nor endorsed by library administration or the university. UMass Amherst is one of 5,800 institutions using LibGuides, and the LibGuides at UMass Amherst are among more than 900,000 LibGuides worldwide.