New England Science Boot Camp 2017
What is the Capstone?
Every year, we come up with a different way to finish Science Boot Camp. The idea is to focus on something pertinent and useful for science librarians.
This year, Bootcampers will learn more about Scholarly Communications topics.
Scholarly Communication and Special Initiatives Librarian
Open Access and Institutional Repository Librarian
Copyright and Information Policy Librarian
Digital Projects Manager in Scholarly Communication
Learn more about Scholarly Communication at UMass Amherst Libraries.
Capstone: A Week in the Life of a Scholarly Communications Office
We've had several suggestions for scholarly communications topics in our boot camp evaluation forms, so the Capstone session for SBC 2017 is "A Week in the Life of a Scholarly Communications Office."
The first part of the Capstone will be a panel from the UMass Amherst Libraries Scholarly Communications office, addressing topics such as:
- Why does ScholComm exist?
- Introduction to the department/what happens at UMass
- Institutional Repositories
- Open Education Resources
- Licensing, copyright, and author’s rights
- Open access, including open data, open research, and open scholarship
The second part of the Capstone will be breakout sessions for campers to get their ScholComm questions answered by our panelists.
- Last Updated: Jan 8, 2021 11:54 AM
- URL: https://guides.library.umass.edu/BootCamp2017
- Print Page