READ Korean Collection
carefully curated collection of graded readers, picture books, stories, and graphic novels written in Korean.
About the Collection
The READ Korean Collection is located on the 22nd floor the the W.E.B. Du Bois Library in the East Asian Reading Room. It is a small collection of materials selected with the Korean language learner in mind, although there are plenty of items that will also appeal to someone simply reading for pleasure in Korean. These books may be checked out and have the same loan periods as research materials.
At the moment you will find:
- graded readers (the first step away from your textbook, vocabulary and sentence structure is controlled)
- picture books (these can be quite challenging for nonnative readers but are a rich source of cultural info)
- comics and graphic novels
- bilingual short story collections
- translations of famous children's literature (think The B.F.G by Roald Dahl, for example)
- fun books about Korean grammar or language for Korean learners
This collection will grow as Korean language becomes more and more popular and books are written with language learners in mind. If you have graduated beyond this level, you will find Korean language books in the East Asian Collection (21st floor) shelved by their call numbers.
- Last Updated: Jul 19, 2021 9:57 AM
- URL: https://guides.library.umass.edu/c.php?g=672722
- Print Page
Subjects: East Asian Studies, Korean