Japanese 597C/660 Problems and Methods of Translation
- Author Lookup @ CiNii BooksThis is an easy way to look up the reading for published Japanese authors. The first romanization given is the Hepburn one you should use.
- NDL Name Authority FileThis is the official name authority file used by the National Diet Library. There is also a link to the form of name used in OCLC and a link to Wikipedia for more information.
- NACSIS Webcat PlusThis is a library catalog. It provides readings for names and titles, so it is very handy for reading texts about literature.
- ResearchMapThis is a database of researchers in Japan. Very handy for finding readings, addresses and scholarly activity. Voluntary registration, so not everyone is listed.
Recommended Print Dictionaries
- 日本現代文学大事典Call Number: UM East Asian Reference ; PL726.55 .N477 1994ISBN: 4625400635
- コンサイス日本人名事典Call Number: UM East Asian Reference ; CT1832 .K66 1994ISBN: 4385158053
- Japanese Names: A Comprehensive Index by Characters and ReadingsCall Number: UM East Asian Reference ; PL683 .O5ISBN: 0834800608Use with caution. This dictionary is very helpful for figuring out how a name might be pronounced, but then you will need to check the actual pronunciation for that particular person in a different source.
- Last Updated: Mar 30, 2022 6:17 PM
- URL: https://guides.library.umass.edu/jpn597C
- Print Page
Tags: japanese_literature, translation