Western MA Resources
- Center for Ecological TechnologyDemonstrates and promotes practical, affordable solutions to the environmental challenges encountered in our daily activities.
- Common Good FinanceBased in Ashfield, MA, a democratic, community-based system that supports and empowers ordinary people to put an end to war, poverty, hunger, unemployment and global warming, before it is too late. This is not just another bank with a social mission. This is a social mission with a bank!
- Community Involved in Sustaining Agriculture (CISA)Strengthens local agriculture by building connections between farmers and the community.
- Farmers Markets in Western MassachusettsDirectory of locations, hours, etc.
- Farm to Fork: The Pioneer Valley's Local Food and Agriculture Show"Every other Tuesday 6:30-7:30pm. WXOJ-LP, 103.3fm, Valley Free Radio. Live audiostream: www.valleyfreeradio.org
- Free Cycle AmherstFree exchange of goods, right in your neighborhood! Your trash is another person's treasure. Keep it out of the landfill!
- Going Green: The Valley Guide to an Eco-friendly LifestyleGreenfield Recorder publication
- Greening the Valley: Sustainable ArchitectureLocal database
- Green Living JournalHeadquartered in Brattelboro, VT but covers much of the Pioneer Valley.
- Hitchcock Center for the EnvironmentFosters a greater awareness and understanding of our natural world and to develop environmentally literate citizens. Offers natural history programs for people of all ages and backgrounds.
- Just Food NowJFN was created to share resources and ideas related to global climate change impacts on food; the effect of Peak Oil on food; the threat of Global Pandemic. We also consider how to "grow food justly” at home; on nearby farms; and in the global marketplace.
- New England Small Farm InstitutePromotes small farm development by providing information and training for aspiring, beginning and transitioning farmers.
- NOFA Mass (Northeast Organic Farming Association)Non profit organization of nearly 4,000 farmers, gardeners, and consumers working to promote healthy food, organic farming practices and a cleaner environment. Information about conferences, workshops, farm tours and printed materials to educate farmers, gardeners, consumers and land care professionals.
- Northeast Sustainable Agriculture Working GroupA regional network of member organizations and individuals working together to create a more sustainable and secure regional food system -- one that is economically viable, environmentally sound and socially just and produces safe and healthful food. We w
- Northeast Sustainable Energy AssociationThe nation's leading regional membership organization promoting sustainable energy through a growing network of professionals and sustainable energy advocates committed to responsible energy.
- Nuestras RaicesA grass-roots organization that promotes economic, human and community development in Holyoke, Massachusetts through projects relating to food, agriculture and the environment.
- Permaculture Institute of the NortheastRegional permaculture and sustainability organization in the northeast United States
- Pioneer Valley Planning CommissionRegional planning body for the Pioneer Valley region, which encompasses 43 cities and towns in the Hampden and Hampshire county areas. Increases communication, cooperation, and coordination among government agencies as well as private and civic sectors.
- Pioneer Valley Sustainability NetworkA broad-based network that builds mutually beneficial partnerships to promote a sustainable, just, regenerative future for our region. We bring our vision into being through collaborative support and action on specific projects in service to our community
- PV SquaredWorker-owned business providing turnkey renewable energy system installations at homes, businesses, municipalities and institutions.
- Ride BuzzInnovative ridesharing program
in the Pioneer Valley -- and beyond!
- River Valley MarketMember-owned natural food cooperative located in Northampton, MA. Open to all.
- Sea Change RadioWeekly radio show covering the shifts to social, environmental, and economic sustainability. Nationally syndicated and podcast globally.
- Seeds of SolidarityA nonprofit organization that provides people of all ages with the inspiration and practical tools to use renewable energy and grow food in their communities. Based at Seeds of Solidarity Farm which runs on alternative energy.
- Sustainability Library (Cummington)A hidden jewel of the valley, at the Cummington Creamery!
- Permaculture ActivistPremier publication offering information that enables people everywhere to provide for their own & their communities' needs for food, energy, shelter, & a decent life without exploitation or pollution & from the smallest practical area of land.
- Permaculture Links, Resources and WorkshopsU.S. and Canada
- Permaculture Research Institute of the U.S.Information on Courses/Workshops, Demonstration Sites, Education Centers, Soil Erosion & Contamination, Surveying, Swales, Terraces, Water, Water Contamination, Water Harvesting
- Permaculture Guilds around the U.S.Directory
- International Permaculture NetworkDevelops projects in all climactic and geographic zones
- Permaculture ForumsDiscussions with searchable archives
- Permaculture MagazineKeep in touch with the cutting edge of the sustainability movement and every issue brings you the best ideas, advice and inspiration from people who are actually creating a better world.
- Worldwide Permaculture NetworkFind permaculture projects and practitioners worldwide.
- Last Updated: Dec 6, 2021 11:13 AM
- URL: https://guides.library.umass.edu/permaculture
- Print Page
Tags: STOCKSCH 186