Library Resources supporting the Plant Biology Graduate Program at UMass
Online DNA Resources for Plant Biology
- Arizona Genomics InstituteBAC libraries & cDNA libraries
- Clemson University Genomics InstituteBAC libraries & cDNA libraries
Online Microarrays/Chips Resources for Plant Biology
- MaizePLEXPart of Plant Expression Database from Iowa State University, USDA, NSF
- Rice Oligonucleotide Array Database"Rice Oligonucleotide Array Database (ROAD) is a public resource for gene expression and coexpression analysis in rice, the most important staple food over the world. Over 1,000 microarray slides were incorporated and several kinds of analysis tools are available in ROAD."
- TIGR Solanaceae Genomics Resource"TIGR is member of the NSF Potato Genome Project, a consortium focused on understanding potato functional genomics. This project ended on Sept 2007 and this website is serving as a data archiving site."
Online Biological Resources for Plant Biology
- Arabidopsis Biological Resource Center (ABRC)"The ABRC collects, preserves, reproduces and distributes diverse seed and other stocks of Arabidopsis thaliana and related species. Resources are donated by researchers from around the world. More than 100,000 samples are shipped annually to researchers and educators from 60 countries."
- Maize Genetics Cooperation Stock Center"The Maize Genetics Cooperation Stock Center is operated by USDA/ARS, located at the University of Illinois, Urbana/Champaign, and integrated with the National Plant Germplasm System (NPGS). We serve the maize research community by collecting, maintaining and distributing seeds of maize genetic stocks. We also provide information about our stocks and the mutations they carry through the Maize Genetics and Genomics Database (MaizeGDB)."
- Dale Bumpers National Rice Research Center"The mission of the Dale Bumpers National Rice Research Center is to conduct research to help the U.S. rice industry remain competitive in the global marketplace by assuring high yields, superior grain quality, pest resistance, and stress tolerance in rice cultivars."
- PlantGDBAn NSF-funded project to develop plant species-specific EST and GSS databases, to provide web-accessible tools and inter-species query capabilities, and to provide genome browsing and annotation capabilities.
- Spud DB Potato Genomics Resource"Spud DB is a collection of datasets and data-mining tools to view and analyze the potato genome, including tools to facilitate breeding improved cultivars."
- Last Updated: Jan 3, 2023 8:25 AM
- URL: https://guides.library.umass.edu/plantbio
- Print Page
Subjects: Biology, Plant Biology