This can be used to build pages
What is a secondary source?
Secondary sources provide interpretation and analysis of primary sources.
Secondary sources are one step removed from the original event or "horse's mouth."
(Thanks to the University of Reno, Nevada Libraries website; used by permission)
Scholarly article databases
Finding scholarly & general articles
- Academic Search Premier A good starting point: articles from key journals in many scholarly disciplines, with some trade journals and magazines, 1975-present.
- JSTOR Core scholarly journals from a range of disciplines, dating from the earliest issue of each journal to a few years before present.
- Expanded Academic ASAP Articles from scholarly and general-interest periodicals relating to the humanities, social sciences, and non-technical general sciences, 1980-present.
- Readers' Guide Abstracts Citations and abstracts for articles from popular periodicals from the U.S. and Canada, 1983-present.
- Readers' Guide Retrospective Citations to articles in 600 popular U.S. magazines, 1890-1982.
- Historical New York Times The entire New York Times, searchable, in image files, from 1851 to three years ago.
- Last Updated: Mar 8, 2018 5:38 PM
- URL: https://guides.library.umass.edu/arch-des541
- Print Page