Welcome, Continuing & Professional Education Students.
Recognizing the importance of Information Literacy skills for the 21st century learner, C&PE and the University Libraries have teamed up to deliver essential materials to students outlining the concepts and practices of the Information Literacy Standards, as defined by the Association of College and Research Libraries. We invite you to review the below video for an introduction to these resources and how the University Libraries can continue to be your partner in research.
View the video called Information Literacy: Making the Most of Your Research
Five (5) Steps to Great Research
- DETERMINE the nature and extent of the information that you need for your project.
- ACCESS the needed information effectively and efficiently.
- EVALUATE the information that you find and the source critically and incorporate it into your own value system as a new concept.
- APPLY and use the information that you find by yourself or as part of a group to accomplish a specific purpose.
- UNDERSTAND the economic, legal, and social issues surrounding the use of information you find and access, and use this information ethically and legally.