Top Tips for Using the Libraries
- Connect to the Libraries where you can find books, retrieve articles, get librarian assistance and more!
- Start at the Libraries homepage when doing your research, especially when searching the subject databases.
- Use your Net Id and password provided by IT to log on to the research databases from off-campus.
- A Distance Learning ID Card allows you to borrow books, use Interlibrary Loan, Library Express and other Libraries services. Or come to campus to get a UCard with your picture on it. Either card will do because it will have the barcode number on it. You can find your library barcode number in your SPIRE account under the category "My Personal Information." Note: it may take a few days for this number to be activated once you are registered for classes.
- Reserve materials can be accessed at the Libraries or through eReserves.
- Subject Librarians can assist you via phone, IM, email and in person. Go to the Library Homepage and click on the green Ask ME in the upper right corner!
- By starting at the Subject Research Guides you can find research tips that match your subject!
Create a bibliography easily with the free citation management tool RefWorks or if you prefer, Zotero.
- Order material through InterLibrary Loan and Library Express; don't tell anyone but you can actually get items delivered to your door!